maandag 9 mei 2011

Front and rear lights

An other thing that needed some attention are the lights;


the car still had the old bulb type lights (right pair) so to get


some more and better night vision I’m installing


halogen lights (left pair).



When I tried to install the first halogen bulb in to the


brand new light unit the retaining lip just broke off.



My first impression is that these units are poor quality


they feel like cheap plastic but perhaps something happened


during the transport and the units are not bad at all?


I’ve bought these units several months ago so I don’t


know if Rimmer would replace the unit under guaranty.


This is why I tried to repair the thing myself and I think


it looks quite good; this wont break off as quickly as


the original lip.



I also cleaned the rear lights and gave them a fresh


chrome spray.





Before and after.











Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten