maandag 3 oktober 2011

Starter motor part 3

I greased all the moving parts



and cleaned the coils and coil plate.


I had to recuperate 4 good coil springs of a big angle


grinder to replace these deteriorated original ones.




Quite a lot of dirt.




The coils are back in to place.





I reinstalled the starter motor and the engine


run at first click.


Cut off the engine and tried again and what did


you think; No movement under the bonnet so


I had the starter out of the car again stripped


and cleaned it and tried again.


Same story. In the end I found the fault; it was


a bad connection between starter motor and


battery cable which resulted in to low power to


activate the starter.


What would have been a 30 minutes job became


half a day of work but luckily the starter engine is


very well accessible and all works well now.









Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten