dinsdag 4 oktober 2011

Starter motor/alternator problems part 4

A day later the same problem came up again so not


a bad connection after all but presumably some fault in the alternator.


In the end I found out that to get the starter motor


running I had to disconnect the alternator.


But at this moment the engine is running badly; it’s


like it’s running on four cylinders instead of eight.


I guess I’ve been playing too much with the lights and


the starter motor so I measured the voltage at


the battery and it’s only 10 Volts; a bit to low.


This is probably why I don’t hear the fuel pump running


and probably the engine is running on almost empty carburettors.


So I took out the alternator and I will have it checked


at a local car electricity shop.



I made some pictures when the car was in the garden;


the body still has to be polished but this will be done


when all the technical issues are solved.


The same goes for the bumpers; they will be mounted


when the car has received her definite greasy rust protection


and when the end silencers are adapted to two twin pipes.






















Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten