vrijdag 30 december 2011

LED's and horns

I finally found the time to update the blog,

I discovered the cause of the bad starting issue; it was not more than a bad attached ground cable from the battery; because the car isn’t on the road yet I disconnect the ground cable each time I stop work on the car and it wasn't well connected all the time. So this problem is also solved . But there is still one thing to solve; when the engine is cold it starts at first turn but when it is warm it is very difficult to get it running again. I’ve checked the spark plugs and some of them were wet so the carburetors will have to be adjusted; they mixture is far to rich for the moment you can notice a constant smell of choke fumes.

Bought some LED’s to replace the old interior and number plate light bulbs.



Safety and visibility are part of my  standards and these lights are much better and they live longer also.




The plastic screws are not easy to install and when you want to unscrew them they are to throw away because of being damaged.


A very good result; the number plate will be well visible.

I’ve changed the rear light bulbs by 20 Watt ones and for the moment the brake lights are 25 Watt but I will have a search for stronger ones to have a clear difference between rear lights and brake lights. I’ve still need to implement some rear fog lights, these will be located in the rear bumper or in the tail skirt.

I’ve also replaced the old and rusted horns by two new ones, they are very loud and the two tone is a nice sound.

























Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten