vrijdag 30 december 2011

Wiper delay and standard steel wheels

I’ve ordered a wiper relay; we do live in a country where it rains often (well at least it used to do) so this is not a luxury part but more a necessity. The only thing is; I haven’t got the right connectors so this will have to be sorted out in the near future.


They ash trays where quite rusted lying for 20 years in the cellar but I gave them a sand blast and a fresh layer of paint and now they’re good enough to go back in the doors. The car is a non-smoking zone so the paint won’t cause any problems (and the wife and I are also non-smokers)

I had five steel wheels lying in the cellar but due to a water leakage from the neighbor’s house they  had been in the water for quite a long time and some of them where badly rusted. Looking at the price for new steel wheels (only 25€ for one) I decided to throw them all away and to buy new ones. When the new wheels arrived I send them directly to the workshop for a sandblast and metalizing along with a powder coating job. They are sprayed light grey although they seem to be white on the pictures but along with the old small style wheel discs I think they will look great.


These wheels will only serve for MOT and winter periods during the other periods I will use the light weights that it has on now. I’ve ordered a set of tires (Toyo 185/70/13HR) but delivery time was several weeks so I’m still waiting for them. On the alloy’s I will try to put on a set of 205/50/15 instead of the 195/50/15 it has for the moment. I guess I will counter some clearance problems but we will see…

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten