vrijdag 30 december 2011

Handbrake cable

I had some doubts regulating the hand brake cable; although it has new rear brake shoes there was not much regulating space left on the cable.


So I had a closer look at the cable and found out that it had a bad wearing spot in the middle where it is attached to the rear axle. I thought the cable had become a bit longer due to service time but when I compared it to the new one it had the same length.



On the handbrake lever side the cable can’t be turned in deeper than it is on the picture so I wonder why all the thread is for? But I managed to regulate the brakes having some thread left on both sides, I presume this is the normal quantity of thread?





Next thing to do was to tackle the rear roll bar; there was still a gap to fill. As the gap was quite big I decided to cut the old roll bar and use this as a spacer, this saved me the work of drilling holes and it was just the right thickness.





A picture of the close fit of gearbox and chassis.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten