zondag 15 juli 2012

Noise problem solved


When everything was back in to place I started the engine and straight away  there was this noise again. By now I was definitely sure that it could no longer be the release bearing making this noise.
I drove to the workshop and asked the guy to have a look at the car. It didn’t make that noise anymore but after revving the engine a few times al of a sudden it was there and we noticed straight away that it was not coming from the gearbox but it came from the front of the engine. We found out that it was the alternator belt making this noise; the tension was not high enough. This means that as well as the old belt and the new belt were making this noise. Ok this is my fault; I don’t like to put on to much tension on a belt to prevent to damage the bearings.




In any case; making this faulty diagnose showed me that there was a problem with the clutch witch I wasn’t aware of; so in the end it was not such a bad thing to get the gearbox off and I also had the opportunity to change the rubber bushings.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten