maandag 16 juli 2012

Trial fitting the EFI plenum


When I was working on the engine and the carburetor inlet manifold was off the engine I took the opportunity to trial fit the EFI intake. 

I tried both directions and it looks like the EFI inlet manifold can be put in place both ways without too much work involved.



 It also doesn’t interfere with the bonnet so that’s good news. I tested this with a piece of cardboard and adhesive tape and there is at least 5mm space between plenum and bonnet when closed.


The other good news is that I can keep the frech air induct there's plenty of space left.



Even the strut bar can be left in place without any modifications; the only thing I need to do is to cut off a part from the gas cable lever.


I prefer this setup because this way there is no interference with the bonnet stay-up. I only need to fabricate a support for the flapper but this can't be too difficult.


On the other hand having the air intake on the left hand side makes life easier because I wouldn’t have to change the plumbing of some flexible hoses. We will see how it will work out; this will be done during winter period in the meantime I have to buy some other parts like an EFI fuel tank and high pressure pump and some other things.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten