maandag 16 juli 2012

Steering shaft and connecting joints


When I drove the car there was a rattling sound at the steering column; an inspection showed that the connecting joints at the steering shaft were worn and that this was causing the vibration and the rattling at the steering wheel. Replaced the shaft and connecting joints and all vibration and rattling was gone; another problem solved.   

I had a flexible clutch pressure pipe made by a company; the pipe could resist 850 bar but just to be sure I replaced it by another one with a metal surrounding (picture above) to prevent damage caused by friction. 

To make sure that the steering shaft wasn’t rubbing the exhaust pipe I asked a company to make me some spacers. The spacers are laser cut and are 1cm thick now there is about 5mm space between steering shaft and exhaust pipe and a few mm between exhaust and chassis rail; very tight fit but it doesn’t rub anywhere. 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten