woensdag 6 januari 2010

Inspection of the inspection pit

After a thoroughly inspection he found the pit not deep enough.



Luckily the walls are OK.



OK this should be deep enough. I’m keeping in mind that the Triumph is lower to the ground than the other car so to avoid bumping my head I make it a bit deeper than normal.



I’m 1.80m tall minus 10cm (from top of head to eyes) gives me 1.70m. So if I make it 1.70m deep when it's finished I can just see the floor level. This could be OK but just to make sure I make it 5cm deeper.
Later on when the car is back I can adjust the height by putting the tiles in the pit a bit higher if I need to.

I’m putting 15cm concrete on the soil floor this means I have to dig the soil out to give me a total of 1.90m from soil floor to tiles floor.



The walls will be made with concrete blocks 40x20x20 these will be thick enough as there is no ground water and the soil is very hard argyle so very little chance it will slide, move or collapse.






Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten