woensdag 23 december 2009

Be aware !!!

I've put a black anti rust paint as second and thirt layer on the suspension arms.



It’s getting a bit tight in my little work house with all these parts laying everywhere and it isn’t over yet.



I’ve found the cause for the worn rubbers.
The rear axle mounts are completely rusted away. How can this happen?



I never saw this when I was under the car I didn’t even saw it when I had the axle off the car.
This is because it was covered with mud and dirt this kept the rusted parts into place.



Early cars didn’t have the bump stops they are put on at a later time.
These parts have never been protected like they should have been.
Water and dirt slips between the original axle mount and the bump stop plate where the rust worm has al the time to eat your suspension mounts.



Be aware and check your bump stops before it’s to late I’m sure this doesn’t only happen to me!!!


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten