dinsdag 22 december 2009

Engine fine tuned


The car is back from the Land Rover garage and the engine sounds great, drove the car on to the driveway and it’s hard not leaving any rubber on the pavement. I will have to change the ratio of the differential because even when starting in second gear it spins to easy.


Still found no one for the bodywork.


Will also need a double bulge bonnet to give some space for the carburetors, even with the supplied spacers from Rimmer for the sub frame the bonnet wont close.







Only thing that’s bothering me is the engine needs a few turns before it comes to live. The bloke from the garage told me it could be the starter engine he said the original SD1 are a little weak.
I’m used to cars starting with a flick of the switch and I’m not pleased with less than that so I’ll buy a high torque starter engine.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten