dinsdag 22 december 2009

Lowering the engine

We went to England for a short holiday and to visit some family.
Passed by at S&S where I had an order for a double bulge bonnet and a crown wheel and pinion ratio 3.08/1. I Left the shop with a full kit of hard suspension rubbers, and engine bay decals on top.
They had a nice original TR8 steering wheel but it was a blue one and I need a black one.
So the search continues.


Fitted the new bonnet on the car and… it doesn’t close.
So I had a good look at the sub frame and the engine mounts and I’m sure a can lower the engine so the bonnet will close after all.
Put the car on stands and the engine on wooden blocks so that I could get the sub frame out.



The sub frame ready to be dismantled.



Old stock and new up rated.





At last found someone to do the bodywork, I visited his workshop and he was doing some nice things to a VW beetle.
He makes the body parts himself if they aren’t available or to expensive, you can’t see the difference, finaly found the man for the job.
I decided to restore the car completely, that means not just a paint job but putting it in a rustfree condition so that I can enjoy it for many more years.
This will be not cheap but like I already have spent quite a bit of money on this project it’s not worth it doing half a job…



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten