dinsdag 22 december 2009

Engine starting problems

I installed the high torque starter and the engine starts much easier but I’m still not satisfied so what could be wrong?


Every time I start the engine it’s getting more difficult to bring it alive, the battery is very old and it doesn’t hold power for long so I will buy a new and stronger battery.


OK, the battery didn’t solve the problem, controlled the wiring found nothing, put a wrench on the crank found it very hard to turn the engine.
Got the plugs out still no progress, I think I know what happened…


When the car was in the LR garage it didn’t had air filters on the engine just because I wasn’t sure what type I would put on.
Probably something entered the engine during the fine tuning.
Only thing to do is to take off the heads and hope there isn’t too much damage.


You can see something has been smashed between piston and cylinder head.
It hit both sides of the engine destroying two cylinder heads and one piston; I hope the cylinder liners aren’t damaged too much….


There is also a positive note to mention, I‘ve received a digital camera for my birthday so the pictures will be better from now one, thanks honey.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten