zondag 29 december 2013

Water temperature problem solved

 
Whilst taking off the carbs and inlet manifold I discovered the cause for the strange temperature readings I had during the last weeks; seemed that the little air plunger blocked the thermostat from time to time (see the one on the right side)
 

This was completely my own fault as the new thermostat didn’t have the air bleeding hole I drilled one myself and used the old little plunger but because of the different design I couldn’t drill the hole in the same location as the original (where the plunger can never block the thermostat) Mea Culpa.



Making a choice for the thermostat housing; a Land Rover type

Or the original SD1 type; it will be the latter one.
But I will try to purchase a more horizontal one to avoid the well-known air lock.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten